January 14, 2007

Listening to: This lounge music Starbucks is playing
Feeling: OK
In the mood for: That YUMMY Starbucks' Signature Hot Chocolate
Adoring: "That" Man

IT'S HOLIDAAAAYY!!!!
HOLIDAAAAY!!!
HOLIDAAAAY!!!

Ok. Enough. :)

I spent the first week of holiday at Jakarta, no, Depok, actually. Just spending time for unimportant things (e.g. watching TV, getting up late, going to Gramedia and reading one whole book without paying xp) at home and got upset by something 'predictable'...

I watched Babel at Senayan City's XXI the first Monday I got to Jakarta. Went there with those people again; Primo, Dissa, Nyta, PJ, Arya, Ical, and Mole, whom I haven't met for a quite long time. The movie itself wasn't as good as I expected... I'm not going to tell you what the story was about (you can just read it here), I'm just gonna tell you what I think about it. Of course Brad Pitt played well like he (almost) always had and the movie was something, but the story wasn't that good and the whole picture was not that good. I was neither touched by the story or awed by their acts. I simply laughed when the funny scenes was on the screen and silent when the dramatic parts came into action. But at the end of the movie it was all "so-so" and it wasn't memorable. Such a shame, cause I've been waiting for this movie and it was also chosen as the opening movie for this year's Jakarta International Film Festival. But maybe it's just me, just watch it if you're curious.

I'm actually dying to watch 'The Holiday'!!! Yes, the movie which takes Christmas as its background and is supposed to be played DURING that holiday is finally coming to Indonesian theatres. I read the Yahoo! Movies review on this movie, and they say it's not that good, they literally gave it a grade C+. I just fell in love with the movie poster which shows Jude Law and Cameron D at an 'i-love-you' session. Hahaha, yes, that's me... I mean, really, can you not fall in love with this kind of picture?

Jude Law is one of the few English who actually look gorgeous. Well, most of the times. I've seen him at his worse on imdb, a picture of him which actually is part of this movie. Cameron D is also gorgeous on this movie, she's really pretty and neat-looking, and I just hope she'll have that chemistry with Mr. Law.

Hmm... What else? Oh, I've watched Pocong 2, it wasn't bad, really. I was horrified and half-covered through the scary scenes, yes, I'm a coward. I'm not a fan of horror movies, even the local ones. Hahaha. I watched it with my LFM friends, and I sat next to two of my noisy friends who scream loudly during the scary scenes, both on the scary and normal scenes. But it was fun! Lucky me, I'm not the type of prson who goes paranoid after watching scary movie, so even I saw a bolster turned to Pocong I still can sleep holding my bolster. :)

I'm currently writing at Starbucks in Bandung Supermal, with my LFM friends, again. The six of them are playing cards while drinking that top-ranked Signature Hot Chocolate. YUM. I'm ending this right now, and I'm gonna buy that Signature Choc.

Let's enjoy this HOLIDAY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment